To turn layers on or off
- Do one of the following:
In the Layer Name list, select the layers you want to turn on or off.
Do one of the following:
- Choose Settings > Explore Layers.
- On the Settings toolbar, click the Explore Layers tool ().
- Type explayers and then press Enter.
- Choose View > On/Off.
- Right-click the layer you want to change, and from the shortcut menu, select Properties and turn the layer on or off.
- Click the setting in the On/Off column.
The On/Off column shows the new setting.
To complete the command and return to your drawing, close the window.
You can also freeze layers to improve the performance of operations such as zooming and panning or producing hidden lines or shaded images. When a layer is frozen, entities drawn on that layer are no longer visible.
To control the visibility of external reference layers and save any changes
made to them, turn on Xref Layer Visibility.
How do I...
Freeze or thaw layers
Turn on Xref Layer Visibility