Defining a user coordinate system
To define a UCS, you can use any of the following methods:
- Specify a new origin and points on the positive x- and y-axes.
- Specify a new origin and point on the positive z-axis.
- Align the UCS with an existing entity.
- Rotate the current UCS around any of its axes.
- Align the UCS with its z-axis parallel to the current viewing direction.
- Align the UCS xy plane perpendicular to the current view.
When you define a new UCS, the UCS icon changes to indicate the origin and orientation of the new UCS.
To define a UCS by specifying a new origin and points on the positive x- and y-axes
- Do one of the following:
In the User Coordinate Systems dialog box, click Explore UCSs.
In the progeCAD Explorer, be sure that Coordinate Systems is selected, and click the New Item tool ().
In the prompt box, choose 3 Point.
Select the new origin.
Select a point on the positive x-axis.
Select a point in the positive y direction.
In the progeCAD Explorer - Coordinate Systems dialog box, type the name for the new UCS, and then close the dialog box.
- Choose Settings > User Coordinate Systems.
- On the Settings toolbar, click the User Coordinate Systems tool ().
- Type setucs and then press Enter.
Define the new UCS by selecting the origin (A), a point on the positive x-axis (B), and a point in the positive y direction (C).
How do I...
Select a preset UCS