Turning Quick Text on and off
Text entities require a considerable amount of time to display and print. You
can reduce the time it takes to display or print a drawing by enabling Quick
Text. For example, if you're doing a preliminary check print of a drawing, you
may want to turn Quick Text on to speed up printing. When Quick Text is enabled,
text entities are replaced by rectangular boxes that indicate the outline of
the area occupied by the text. When you turn Quick Text on or off, you must
regenerate the drawing before the change is displayed.
To turn Quick Text on and off
- Do one of the following:
Click the Display tab.
Under Change Settings For, click Display.
Select or clear the Enable Quick Text check box.
To regenerate your drawing, do one of the following:
- Choose Settings > Drawing Settings.
- On the Settings toolbar, click the Drawing Settings tool ().
- Type qtext press Enter, and then in the prompt box, choose On or Off.
- Choose View > Regen.
- On the View toolbar, click the Regen tool ().
- Type regen and then press Enter.
Quick Text off.
Quick Text on.