Rotating the view in real time
progeCAD allows you to rotate the view of a drawing in real time. This allows
you to view your model from any angle while in model space. You cannot rotate
the view while in paper space.
If desired, you can continue the view rotation after you release your mouse.
Choose Tools > Options to enable continuous motion on the Display tab.
To rotate the view in real time
- Do one of the following:
- Choose View > Real-Time Motion > Real-Time Sphere.
- On the View toolbar, click the Real-Time Sphere tool ().
- Type rtrot and then press Enter.
- Press and hold Ctrl.
- Click and drag the left mouse button. The view rotates according to the
movement of your mouse.
- To stop rotating, release the mouse button.
- If the view continues to rotate, press Enter or right-click the drawing
NOTES You can use the Real-Time X, Real-Time Y, and Real-Time
Z commands to lock the rotation in the corresponding axis. You can also press
Ctrl and use the right mouse button to rotate the view about the z-axis.
If you are working with a large drawing file, it may be helpful to set the
variable to a higher number to reduce the number of entities that display. For
example, if the value is set to 10, only the 10th entity will display when panning
and rotating in real-time.
Tell me about...
inertial motion in real time
Moving around within
Viewing drawings in
paper space and model space