To draw a polyline with straight segments
- Do one of the following:
Specify the start point.
Specify the endpoint of each segment.
To complete the command, choose Close or Done.
- Choose Insert > Polyline.
- On the Draw 2D toolbar, click the Polyline tool ().
- Type polyline, and then press Enter.
Polyline start point (A) and segment endpoints (B).
With the Draw Arcs option, you can continually draw arc segments until you select the Draw Lines option to go back to drawing line segments. When you draw arc segments, the first point of the arc is the endpoint of the previous segment. By default, you draw arc segments by specifying the endpoint of each segment. Each successive arc segment is drawn tangent to the previous arc or line segment. If you choose Close while in the Draw Arcs option, the closing segment is created as an arc.
You can also specify the arc using any of the following methods:
- Start point, included angle, center point
- Start point, included angle, radius
- Start point, center point, endpoint
- Start point, included angle, endpoint
- Start point, center point, included angle
- Start point, center point, chord length
- Start point, direction, endpoint
- Start point, radius, included angle
- Start point, second point, endpoint
Tell me about...
How do I...
Draw a line segment followed by an arc polyline segment