Setting entity snap options
In the Options dialog box, on the Snapping tab, you can control how entity
snaps work, including fly-over snapping. Fly-over snapping is a visual aid to
help you see and use entity snaps more efficiently.
To set entity snap options
- Do one of the following:
- Choose Tools > Options.
- Type config and then press Enter.
- Choose Settings > Entity Snap > Entity Snap Settings
and click Fly-over.
Click the Snapping tab.
- Mark Show Snap Setting on Cursor to display an extra image on the cursor
to show you which entity snap is active.
- If you want to turn on fly-over snapping, mark Enable Fly-Over Snapping.
- When using fly-over snapping, make selections that control the cursor:
- Mark Display Tooltips to show tooltips on the cursor,
which indicate the type of snap that was used to select the marked location.
- Mark Display Snap Aperture Box to display
an aperture box on the cursor; entities found within the aperture box
are available for selection, making it easier to find and select entity
- In Size, select the size of the aperture box (if turned
on). Higher numbers increase the distance from the cursor in which entities
- When using fly-over snapping, make selections that control the snap marker:
- Mark Display Snap Marker Box
to mark snap
points on entities.
- Mark Draw Snap Marker Box in All Views to display fly-over
snap markers in all views when you are using more than one viewport.
- In Color, Size, and Thickness, select the color, size,
and thickness of the fly-over snap marker.
When you have finished, click OK.
How do I...
Use fly-over snapping
Use entity snaps