Opening an existing drawing
You can open any of these drawing files:
- Standard drawing files with a .dwg extension.
- In addition to your own drawing files, you can open and use one of the
sample drawings that are included with progeCAD.
- Drawing exchange format files with a .dxf file extension.
- Design web format files with a .dwf file extension.
- Drawing templates with a .dwt file extension.
To open an existing drawing
- Use one of the following methods:
In Files of Type, choose the type of file you want to open.
Choose the folder containing the desired file.
Do one of the following:
- Choose File > Open.
- On the Standard toolbar, click the Open tool ().
- Type open and then press Enter.
- Choose the drawing you want to open, and then click Open.
- Double-click the drawing you want to open.
If the drawing requires a password, enter the password, click OK to verify
the password, and then click Open again.
TIPS To quickly open a drawing file that you recently used,
choose File > <file name>. The program tracks the last four drawings.
To quickly open a drawing file from the Open Drawing dialog box, double-click
the drawing name.
You can also open drawings while browsing files on your computer using programs
that came with your operating system, such as Windows File Explorer or My Computer.
Simply double click the file to open it in progeCAD. Easily find the drawing
you want by viewing thumbnail images of the drawing files as you browse them.