To embed another program's object into an progeCAD drawing
- Open the file that contains the data you want.
- In the file, select the data you want to embed in the progeCAD drawing.
- Choose that program's command to place data on the Clipboard.
Usually, you choose Edit > Copy.
- In the progeCAD window, display the drawing in which you want to embed the object.
- Choose Edit > Paste, or click the Paste tool () on the Standard toolbar.
The data on the Clipboard is pasted into the drawing as an embedded object. The object appears in the center of the view, but you can select and move it by moving the cursor.
Tell me about...
Editing an embedded progeCAD object in place
Editing an embedded or linked object from within progeCAD
Embedding objects into drawings
How do I...
Create a new embedded object from within progeCAD
Drag and embed drawings into another document
Edit an embedded progeCAD object in place
Edit an embedded or linked object
Embed an entire progeCAD drawing
Embed an object from an existing file within progeCAD
Embed selected progeCAD entities