Extruding an imprinted entity
After you have imprinted an entity on a solid, you can modify the imprinted entity to modify the solid. For example, you can imprint a circle onto the face of a box, then extrude the circle to form a cylinder attached to the box.
To extrude an imprinted solid
- Imprint a circle on the top face of a box, as described in Imprinting solids.
- With a circle imprinted on the top face of a box, do one of the following:
Select the box when prompted to select the solid entity.
Click a point inside the circle when prompted to select the face.
Press Enter to terminate face selection.
Specify a height (for example, 2) and press Enter.
Specify a taper angle (for example, 0), and press Enter.
- Choose Modify > Solids Editing > Extrude Face.
- On the Solids Editing toolbar, click the Extrude Face tool
- Type solidedit, press Enter, choose Face, and then
An imprinted entity can be extruded to form a more complex solid.
How do I...
Extrude a solid face
Move a solid face
Rotate a solid face
Offset a solid face
Taper a solid face
Delete a solid face
Copy a solid face
Color a solid face