Creating revolved solids
You can create three-dimensional solids by revolving closed entities, such
as polylines, polygons, circles, ellipses, and regions. You can revolve the
entity about a defined axis, line, polyline, or two points.
To create a revolved solid
- Do one of the following:
Select the entity to revolve.
Do one of the following to define the axis of revolution:
- Choose Insert > 3D Entities > Revolve.
- Type revolve and then press Enter.
Specify the angle of revolution.
- Specify a start point and an end point.
- Type o and press Enter to select an object that determines the axis.
- Type x and press Enter to select the x-axis.
- Type y and press Enter to select the y-axis.
Select the entity to revolve (A) and the axis (B) about which to revolve it., followed by the angle of revolution.
The resulting revolved solid.
Tell me about...
Creating three-dimensional entities
How do I...
Create a box
Create a cone
Create a cylinder
Create a dish
Create a dome
Create a sphere
Create a tetrahedron
Create a wedge