Specifying a portion of the drawing to print
- If necessary, click the desired Layout tab or the Model tab.
- Do one of the following:
Select the Scale/View tab.
Under Print Area, click one of the following:
- Choose File > Print.
- Type print and then press Enter.
If you clicked Window, you must specify the window. Under Windowed Print
Area, enter the diagonal x- and y-coordinates of the window, or select the
area on the screen.
- Current View - prints the view on the screen.
- Saved View - prints the selected saved view.
- Extents - prints the area that contains entities in the drawing..
- Limits - prints to the limits defined for the layout or drawing.
- Window - prints the portion of the drawing contained in the
specified window, maintaining the aspect ratio of the windowed area to the
To print only the area in the window without considering whether
there is extra space on the screen, select the Print Only Area Within Specified
Window check box.
Under Entities To Print, click one of the following:
Select Save Changes to Layout, and then click Apply to save your changes.
- All Entities Within Print Area - prints all drawing entities
contained within the specified print area.
- Selected Entities Within Print Area - prints only the entities
you select from within the specified print area.
Tell me about...
Customizing print options
Setting the scale and
How do I...
Automatically scale the drawing for printing
Preview the drawing
Print a drawing
Specify the print area
Specify the scale factor