Previewing a drawing before printing
Viewing a drawing before printing gives you a preview of what your drawing
will look like when it is printed. This helps you see if there are any changes
you want to make before actually printing the drawing.
If you are using print style tables, the preview shows how your drawing will
print with the assigned print styles. For example, the preview may display different
colors or lineweights than those used in the drawing because of assigned print
To preview a drawing before printing
- If necessary, click the desired Layout tab or the Model tab.
- Do one of the following:
After checking the preview image, do one of the following:
- Choose File > Print Preview.
- On the Standard toolbar, click the Print Preview tool ().
- Type ppreview and then press Enter.
- To print the drawing, click Print to display the Print dialog
- To return to the drawing, click Close.
Tell me about...
Changing the magnification of your drawing
Customizing print options
Printing or plotting
How do I...
Automatically scale the drawing for printing
Print a drawing
Specify a portion of the drawing to print
Specify the print area