Toolbar: Modify > Explode ()
Menu: Modify > Explode
Experience Level: Intermediate
Ungroups a block, polyline, polyface mesh, solid, or hatch, creating separate entities for each element. You can use the Explode command to break apart a block or polyline into separate elements. You may need to explode nested blocks more than once.
NOTE You cannot explode blocks inserted using MINSERT or as external references.
- Wide polylines break apart into zero-thickness lines and arcs.
- Polylines break apart into separate line and arc segments.
- Multilines break apart into two separate line segments.
- Rectangles and other polyline entities break apart into line segments.
- Hatched entities created with progeCAD
break apart so that each line in the hatch is a separate entity.
- Blocks break apart into separate entities.
Select entities to explode: Select the entities you want to explode. After you select all entities, press Enter or right-click the mouse.
TIP You can also select the entities to explode before choosing this command.
Tell me about...
How do I...